Thumbandhammer.com is a personal website maintained by a single individual. The site is available to anybody with access to the Internet.
Definition of Personal Information: Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes information that relates to: an individual’s personal characteristics (e.g. gender, age, income, home address, phone number, ethnic background, family status); health (e.g. health history, health conditions, health services received); or activities (e.g. religion, politics, opinions expressed by an individual, an opinion or evaluation of an individual). Personal information differs from business information (e.g. an individual’s business address and telephone number). The latter is not protected by privacy legislation.
Thumbandhammer.com respects your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us through email including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Thumbandhammer.com.
Social interactions such as (but not limited to) blog comments are, by their very nature, in the public domain.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Cookies may be used to:
- Make the website function properly
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook. Such social networks are governed by their own advertising policies.
- Compile such information as browser type, language preference, referring site, etc. in statistics programs available through the web host or services such as Google Analytics.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Disabling cookies may cause certain features of this website to not function properly.
Advertisers / Third Party Companies
We allow third-party companies to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org
Tracking cookies are used by other advertisers and affiliate programs to ensure our account is credited for the traffic or sales generated.
Thumbandhammer.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thumbandhammer.com also participates in other similar affiliate programs or advertising agreements.
If there are any issues regarding advertisements or advertising practices on this website, please contact the webmaster.
Spam is unsolicited email.
The webmaster of Thumbandhammer.com does not engage in the practice of buying, renting or harvesting email addresses. An email address will only be added to any mailing list operated by the webmaster of Thumbandhammer.com if is obtained by affirmative assent. In simple English that means that if I (the webmaster of Thumbandhammer.com) have your email address, it is because you gave it to me.
You may receive an email from Thumbandhammer.com for one of the following reasons:
- You submitted your email address through a form on the website for the purpose of joining a mailing list (opt-in). Mailing list emails contain clear instructions for opting out of future mailings.
- You contacted the webmaster of Thumbandhammer.com either directly or through the email form on the website. Your email address will NOT be added to any automated mailing list.
- You have publicly provided your email address, either through your own website, or on a public forum. In such a case, any correspondence originating from Thumbandhammer.com will clearly identify the source of your email address and clearly state the purpose of the email. Your email address will NOT be added to any automated mailing list.
If you have concerns regarding email you believe originated from Thumbandhammer.com, especially if one or more of the above conditions have not been met, please contact the webmaster so that appropriate action may be taken.
Thumbandhammer.com provides links to other sites that may provide additional information on topics covered on the website. Thumbandhammer.com is not responsible for the content or policies of those sites.
Contact the webmaster of Thumbandhammer.com
For more general inquiries, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for privacy disputes. The Information and Privacy Commissioner can be reached at:
112 Kent Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1H3
Phone: (613) 995-8210 | (800) 282-1376 | TTY (613) 922-9190 | Fax (613) 947-6850