John from AZDIYGuy.com returns to talk about kitchens, kitchen design and IKEA. And why it’s a bad idea to step on the back of a farmhouse sink. John shares his experience from planning to design to execution, why IKEA was the right choice for him and why it pays to hire a designer. (IKEA is not a sponsor and neither John nor I receive any compensation for this discussion)
- Risking DIY cred by opting for flat-pack
- The shortcomings of the old kitchen
- The advantages of working with a designer (his specialized in IKEA- link below)
- Soapstone countertops
- Assembling the kitchen
- The sink mishap and the magic of JB Weld (not a sponsor)
- John’s assembly process
- What he would do differently if he had to do it over again
Inspired Kitchen Design: Work with a National Kitchen and Bath Association certified designer specializing in IKEA cabinets.
Visit our sponsor
Opening theme licensed by JewelBeat. Introduction by Ric Santos. Additional music by Kevin MacLeod (Incompetech).