This is the latest installment of The Biggest Mistakes Homeowners Make.
- The financial risks of over improving. Why approaching a home improvement as an “investment” may not be the best approach.
- The financial risks of under improving.
- How location plays an important role in how you spend your home improvement dollars.
- Why are you making the improvements? Who are the improvements for?
- Why over improving may not be such a bad thing (again, it depends on your motivation). Over improving may make sense to you in certain circumstances.
The key takeaway
It’s your house. Do what makes sense for you. Just be aware of how the value of your house is affected (or not). Seek advice from a real estate agent to make sure you are spending money in the right places.